2011년 11월 9일 수요일

Brief Response to the first thirty pages of Forrest Gump

Brief Response to the first thirty pages of Forrest Gump
 
   I have seen a number of idiots throughout my life, especially in schools where I have attended. To confess, I have participated in creative pranks with which others teased idiots. I didn't think about idiots' feelings. To make clear, I merely regarded their thought as nothing: just as a vacant scene.
   
   What the introduction of this novel informed to me was a way how idiots usually think when they encounter routines we sometimes have to face. Forrest Gump, using idiotic words and phrases, falls in many problems caused, though not intended. Watching movie, he accidently rips his fellow's dress, and is imprisoned in a jail for a while. Nonetheless, he doesn't argue against such an unjust treatment, for he doesn't understand the situation. What he does is just a guess; he just guesses that he just had committed an inappropriate behavior.
   
   What made me surprised was that idiots have definitely different motivations. When it comes to football, any 'normal' football player would actively chase those who have balls since his chasing is directly related to his team's victory and his own reputation as a member. Unlike him, Forrest Gump in a football league runs because he doesn't want to be caught by others; what motivates him is merely a fear.
   
   I became repentant upon my biased view on idiots. Without any regard, I took their 'normal thought' as granted, and teased them if they didn't fulfill my expectation. After reading first three chapters of Forrest Gump, I realized that my prejudice is definitely wrong and determined to be open-minded upon them and their incomprehensible behaviors.

댓글 1개: